Tuesday, June 15, 2004

IT'S TUESDAY!! Ummm. . . that means squat, really

So, tis' one o' clock in the afternoon on Tuesday, June 15, 2004. And I'm on my lunch break on another long OT day here at Verizon Wireless. And, although I know I'll kick myself tomorrow, I'm going to stay a little after my shift tomorrow night too to get MORE OT. The reason is, of course, obvious: I need the $$$. I'm bound and determined to get my head above water and start surviving and thriving financially and if that means putting in more hours here, well, so be it. Besides, I have Thursday off and so I'll catch up on rest then (there's OT available then, and I may do a few hours in the morning.)

So, not a horrid day, although I'm trying to keep my attitude in check. Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, probably from another night in the sweltering heat. Plus, traffic was HORRENDOUS this morning, which always puts me in a bad mood. And we've been slammed here, but I've been learning to focus.

So tonight is the Big Game. Really, if the Pistons don't win tonight, I guess it's not the biggest deal. The Lakers would still have to come back and win the last two games. But I'd rather get it over with, so I can start going to bed at a reasonable hour. Plus, a victory at home would be awesome for the City!

I hope this whole series has shown Detroit in a better light. The city gets a bum rap. There's a lot of pride here and a lot of people feel that, given a chance, the city could thrive again. I love the city, personally, even though I'm saddened by it. Detroit's such a tough old city. You go down there and you're just surrounded by history. It's nice. . .

Nothing from any of the jobs. :( But Thursday when I'm off, I'm going to just scour all the PR companies in the area and mail my resume out to them all. I need to get out of here!!

Okay, that's 'bout it. I'll write later!
The Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home