Thursday, June 24, 2004

Everything's back to normal-ish. . .

I'm writing this from my laptop in my bedroom in a cold apartment. That's right, our internet AND air-conditioning was fixed yesterday, so life seems back to normal! And that's a good thing, because it was slipping me off of my routine.

So, it's coming to the end of the week. Didn't do the 20 hours of overtime. Settled for 8. It'll still add up to a nice paycheck. I work my regular shift tomorrow and two hours Saturday morning. Should be okay.

Last night was the Detroit fireworks, and Erin and I went to Hart Plaza to watch what was probably the best fireworks display I'd ever seen. It was a lot of fun just going downtown with 1 million other people and hanging out for the evening.

I was all set to write a lengthy post on why Detroit gets a bad rap and isn't nearly as bad as people suggest. Then I found out 8 people were hospitalized after a shooting down there last night. Sigh. I still think the city gets a bum rap. Some people are just stupid.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow night. I'd like to go see Farenheith 9/11 because I'm very curious to see it, but I don't want to spend the money. Plus, I need to do laundry. So, I'll probably stay in, grab a pizza and watch a movie. Jaws sounds good for some reason.

I wish I had something else to write tonight, I really do. And I had planned to write about faith and my dependence on God for it. But I'm really getting pretty sleepy. sorry for the shallow entry. I'll do better this weekend. I promise.

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home