Wednesday, March 31, 2004

More lunch hour ramblings. . . .

I'm feeling a bit better today. Not as congested. Still, I took Nyquil last night and now I'm enduring the dreaded "Nyquil hangover." You know what I'm talking about. . . that groggy, weak, out-of-it feeling where you just are very subdued and blase? It's still better than sniffling, sneezing, and wiping my nose every few seconds, so I guess I'll take it!

They moved me to a new, small cube today at work. I'm still by a window, but this just feels more cramped and confined. I miss my old, big desk!! I felt somewhat powerful there!!!

Tonight is (finally!) the last night of my Human Relations and Organizational Management class. I really wish I had gone through it with another teacher. Dr. Dickie's a nice enough guy, but lazy as heck. The material was actually very interesting, but I would have liked to have had a teacher who actually taught instead of going out to his car to stretch his back every five seconds and leaving us to our own devices. . .

The countdown continues. . . 12 Days until we leave for Florida!! Goodbye cold, gray, and snow. . . hello beaches and bikinis (on the girls, not on me).

Looking back at my previous blog entries, I'm aghast (aghast!) at the number of spelling and grammar errors, especially coming from a journalism graduate like myself. But oh well. . . that's why real reporters have editors. And probably why I'm stuck answering the phones instead of chasing leads.

At least the weekend seems to be approaching rapidly. Not that anything huge is planned. Actually, so far, nothing is planned. Nothing Friday. Nothing Saturday. Nothing Sunday. I'm sure things will come up, though, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. I should also get off my butt and hit the grocery store, finally get my suit altered, and buy some clothes for Florida. I've been procrastinating way too long!!

Speaking of procrastinating, I really need to use the rest of my lunch hour to do my devotions and read my chapters for tonight. I'll write more tonight or tomorrow!!

C-Dubbs