Saturday, March 27, 2004

Honey Nut Cheerios and coffee. The breakfast of champions. . .

Saturday morning. 8:40. Why am I up??!! I know the answer is that I'm leaving in a few to go help out at church. But do you know how long it's been since I've had a Saturday where I can sleep in?? Oh well. Florida is coming soon. Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks. . . .

Saw Jersey Girl lat night. I won't go into a full review, because this blog is already risking turning into the Entertainment Section of your local paper. But I'll just comment on it. I really enjoyed it. Some may think Kevin Smith's sold-out with this, doing a PG-13 movie about a guy and his kid. But I think that would be an unfair accusation. If he sold out, he would be doing a formula movie. But this film still showcases hit wit, honesty, and sharp skill with a pen. It's a more grown up movie for him and I'm glad he went in that direction. It's probably his most accomplished film since Chasing Amy, and I'll give him bonus points for doing it without the extreme vulgarity (although there are a few Smith-isms in there. . . there's a great scene where Ben Affleck has to change the baby's diapers, and only Kevin Smith could come up with that dialogue.) It's not his funniest movie; for me that would be Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. But it could possibly be my favorite movie he's done. . .

So much to do. I have to pay my bills today, clean up my extremely messy bedroom and bathroom, hit the gym. And as I sit here and go over all the things I have to do before leaving for Floriday, I'm wondering if there are enough hours in the day. Need to get my suit altered. Have to try on all the clothes for summer and make sure they fit. If they don't fit, I have to go out and buy new clothes. I have to by some shoes. Aaarggh...too much more to even mention. Plus, there's homework this weekend. At least after this Wednesday I get a three week break from that. . .

Ryan's bachelor party's tonight at BW3's. Looking forward to it, even as I don't really enjoy sports all too much. But some old friends from my old church will be there, and it's always fun to see them. . .

Do I use too many ellipses? . . .

Been stinking up the joint lately with my devotional habits, which is very rare for me. I'm still doing them, but it's becoming way too easy anymore to just brush them aside for the day and say "I'll do them tomorrow." And don't get me started on my prayer life. . .

I should probably get going now. Gotta be at the church in like five minutes and I have to brush my teeth or I'll have wicked coffee breath all morning. I'll write more later. (Based on how much I write, I can't tell if that's a threat or a promise.)

C-Dubbs
cdubbs727@msn.com