Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Ramblings on a sickly Tuesday night. . .

I think habit is the only thing that's giving me the desire to write tonight. The Michigan weather, which had recently been in the 50s and 60s has dipped back down into rainy 30s and 40s. . . standard early-Spring weather, sadly enough. And with that comes the onslaught of sinus problems and the early spring colds. So right now I'm basically just writing to fulfill my commitment to write each day. In a few minutes I have a date with the Nyquil bottle. Seriously, I'm so tired and sniffly right now that I feel like I could crawl up under my covers and sleep through the Rapture.

Nothing really to note today. Work was just kind of standard. . . my attitude sucked because of these irritating sinuses. But other than that, nothing horrible. Went to the gym and got a good workout afterward. . . which I promptly reversed the effects of, I'm sure, gorging on pizza with my Dad afterward. But who cares. . . Little Caesars Hot-N-Ready may be the best thing that a pizza company ever came up with!! For $5 you can get a meal that will last at least two or three days. Got bless Mike Illitch and his genius marketing team!!

Other big news (for me, at least) is that Fox's Tuesday night line-up was actually worth watching for the first time in weeks. I wrote before how disappointed I've been with American Idol this season. Well tonight it was finally what I've come to expect. A few of the performances just blew me out of their water. It didn't hurt that it was Motown night. . . gotta love that Detroit sound!!

And 24, my all-time favorite show, returned after five weeks off, and it came back with a real bang!! This season hasn't been bad by any means--the twists they've been able to pull off have been some of the best in the series' history and they've actually been able to keep me stunned and unable to predict what's going to happen. But what I've always felt was missing this third season was that crazy, the end is nigh feeling that last season had. That feeling that it was the end of the the world and there was little hope to stop it.

Tonight, with releasing the virus in the hotel, it finally went nuts. And it was probably the best episode all season. . .although next week's idea of suicide pills looks gripping as well. Nine more weeks til the finale!! Can't wait!!

Two weeks and I'll be lying on a beach in Florida!! Come quickly!!

Okay, and with that I'm outta here and hitting the sack. I'll write tomorrow!

C-Dubbs
cdubbs727@msn.com