Friday, July 02, 2004

Steeeelllllaaaaa!!!!!

Marlon Brando died today. Film fan that I am, I haven't seen enough of his films to call him one of my favorite actors. However, the roles I saw him in over the course of his life just convinced me he was one of the greats. Even in piffle like The Score, he was dead on the money. And who can forget The Godfather? He was the enduring image in one of the great American movies of all time. When someone this pivotal passes, it kind of shakes the foundation of film up a bit.

So it was a long day today. Work just dragged, which is most likely the result of being the last day before a week off. I got home and just collapsed on my bed for close to an hour. Then I went to Charles' for a BBQ with my Sunday School class and then headed to Mt. Clemens for the fireworks. They were nice; nowhere near as good as the Detroit ones, but they were still fine.

This weekend is pretty busy. Tomorrow I'm helping Tim move during the day. At night I may go to Erin's sister's in Waterford for a BBQ depending on how tired I am. Sunday afternoon we have a BBQ at my Aunt's house and then one at Christina's. I'm going to be sick of grills by the end of the weekend :)

Glad to see that many more people are starting to read this site. It's amazing to think that my piddly little thoughts are actually read by people at different spots around the world. But knowing that the majority of you are Christians is a comforting thought. We might as well start to get to know each other now, because we're family :)

There's probably more I'd like to say, but I'm exhausted. I think I'm just going to sign off and hit the sack and maybe I'll write more over breakfast tomorrow morning.

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home