Thursday, July 01, 2004

Lazy, I am . . .

So I'm at home writing this today. Why? Because traffic was horrendous this morning causing me to run very late. Rather than have anything count against me at work, I took an e-pass, which means basically today is a vacation day. So it doesn't count against me at work or anything, but it's still very lazy of me. I think writing this is just to somehow convince myself I'm doing something productive, even though I'm just sitting here in my boxers and a t-shirt wasting time at 11:15 A.M.

I hate being lazy. I know it's one of my main flaws. Proverbs talks so much about it and I know that it's something I definitely need to change. But it's also the hardest thing to change. I think this is going to be an area I'm really going to have to depend on God for strength in.

Had a post on my blog from Malaysia! Thanks to Messy Christian for writing! I recommend her site wholeheartedly, and you can actually find the link on the comments for the Farenheit 9/11 entry I did last Friday. Good reading there!

I'm seeing Spiderman 2 tonight. Can't wait! The reviews have been phenomenal! I don't think I've heard one negative thing about it. I have to confess that I have a weakness for superhero films. I think it's important, first off, to our culture to have them. We still need our legends, myths, and heros because they help us remember that there are good things in the world like patriotism, courage, and selflessness. But also, they're so much fun when done correctly. I love the first Spiderman, even though it has many corny moments. I loved X2, the first two Batman films, and even thought Hellboy was fun. However, things can go wrong: see Daredevil or Hulk. But still, I have trust that this will be good. How can you go wrong with this cast or Sam Raimi's direction?

By the way, I've never much been a comic book reader, so I think it's funny that I like the movies so much :)

I'll probably write more later
C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home