Monday, July 05, 2004

Happy 5th of July!!

So, those of you who signed on yesterday hoping to read a patriotic post (all one of you) may have been disappointed that nothing appeared on here. But my excuse is that it was a holiday! Give me a freakin' break!! :) In all seriousness, I hope you all had a great Independence Day. I would write something patriotic here, but I'm kinda rushed this morning and don't have the time for flowery prose or . . . um. . . thinking. :)

My fourth was good, though. Had church in the morning and then went to my Aunt Sue's for a family BBQ. That was a lot of fun. It's always great to get together with family. Then Erin and I went to a BBQ with Christina, Hannah, and Scott and Hannah's friend, Andrea. We played some fun games and lit off firecrackers. Fun day, all in all.

Today is actually the official start of my vacation. I don't go back for work until the 12th, so I'm hoping to have two days of rest and relaxation before Wednesday, when we pack up our bags and head down to Kings Island and the Spirit Song festival. Today, however, I have a few obligations to take care of first. This morning I still need to do my quiet time and . . . well,I should probably shower, shouldn't I? Then at noon I have a stress test out at the doctor's office to make sure that I don't have a hole in my heart...they've done this test before and my heart is fine but the doctor just wants to double-check.

After that, who knows?? If I get out of the docs early enough, I want to hit the gym. I should probably clean up around here, although my sister offered to clean our place while we're at Kings Island and I may take her up on that. Going to dinner at my mom's house tonight and then I think Erin and I are going to see The Notebook. So, pretty busy day. As for tomorrow. . . well aside from getting all things finalized for the trip (and sneaking in a screening of Kill Bill Volume Two) nothing real on the agenda. Except to wash my bedsheets. Big fun.

Been listening to Derek Webb's live cd, "The House Show" that my brother lent me. He has some teaching on there on the intros to his songs that make a lot of sense. He talks a lot about repentance and recognizing the seriousness of our sin. I want to write about it later. But for now, I have to go. Enjoy your days!

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home