Monday, May 31, 2004

I wanted to put a catchy Memorial Day quote up here, but frankly I can't find one!

This is gonna be short. First off, because Erin FINALLY took a look at the site and remarked about how vain it was to write so much :) But mostly, because I'm tired and I still need to do my devotions before bed (no more procrastinating in that area!)

It was a nice holiday weekend, though. Saturday was Aaron Lawless's wedding, which Erin went to with me (and I'm so thankful because I would have been so uncomfortable there on my own!) That was an odd experience. Good to see my friend get married. Um...other stuff, though, may not be so good. I'll write about that some other day.

Saturday night went with Brandon, Diana, Erin, and Christina to see "The Day After Tomorrow," which is another movie that the critics were way too harsh with. Sometimes a good disaster movie is just a fun thing. I love "Independence Day" and the other movies like this, where survivors of a horrendous disaster have to struggle to stay together and stay alive. This was one of the better ones I've seen. . . no "Independence Day," but fun nonetheless.

Sunday morning I went to Erin's church because I wanted to hear her testimony on her trip. It was also my first time hearing a woman pastor speak (being Baptist, that's not something that we do.) It was an experience that got me thinking about things. I'm not sure where my thoughts stand, but I know I can't spend too much time at midnight writing about it so I'll try and get to it later.

Sunday night I had friends over. That was fun. Pizza, Zobmondo, and Bible Trivia. . . okay, that last one wasn't too fun. But pizza, friends, and Zobmondo are always good :)

Today Erin and I helped Christina move and then we had a BBQ at Erin's house and the last Bible study. That was fun. But, frankly, there's really nothing deep I want to write right now because my bed is beckoning me. Maybe tomorrow the creative juices will flow a bit more freely.

So tomorrow I have work at 7:30-4. And I have to take time off work to go to my neurologist at 8:30. Tomorrow night there's no 24 or American Idol!! So I have a free Tuesday! Which means I'm hitting deebe's with my laptop and doing homework and preparing my lesson for Sunday. Well, it's bedtime! I'll write more later.

C Dubbs

Quote for the day:When the doctor said I didn't have worms anymore, that was the happiest day of my life.
--Ralph Wiggum

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I love your quote. Just wanted to say sorry for telling you not to preach tonight. I was just being goofy and agreeing with Erin to see how you would react. I really do enjoy hearing you talk. You have some wonderful insights and I love to hear a man talk about God, it makes me have more confidence in the male sex as a whole. I'm glad I have your site now because I'd like to know more about Chris on different level. Hopefully it won't wierd you out now having someone you don't know and/or trust fully yet reading. But know I do not judge and I genuinely am looking forward to reading your thoughts and getting to know you more. Anyway, talk to you soon!
~Hannah

June 1, 2004 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg, louis vuitton, ugg uk, hollister, pandora charms, toms shoes, barbour, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, barbour uk, canada goose, wedding dresses, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, moncler uk, montre pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, supra shoes, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler, pandora uk, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, canada goose, replica watches, moncler outlet, doudoune moncler, thomas sabo, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia

May 17, 2016 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Mai said...

رحاب الشرق
شركة تنظيف فى عجمان
شركة تنظيف كنب فى عجمان
خدمات عجمان

January 28, 2021 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger deraz said...

خدمات الشارقة – ابو الهول
اعمال ترميم دبى
اعمال بلاستر وترميم بدبى
شركات صيانة عامة في دبى

February 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger menna said...

الامانة كلين
شركة تنظيف خزانات فى دبى
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج فى دبى
شركات تنظيف المنازل فى دبى
تنظيف ستائر بالبخار مع التعقيم

May 5, 2021 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger menna said...

فرسان العرب
شركة تنظيف مسابح في الرياض
ارخص شركة تنظيف مسابح في الرياض

May 5, 2021 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home