Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The cure for that lunchtime boredom. . . blogging!

I am running out of different things to put in that blog subject line. I'm going to either have to start repeating myself or really go off the deep end, I guess :)

So yeah, that fuel injection cleaner yesterday did squat to help my car. Now, not only am I out the $58 I spent on that, but I'm going to be out the $60 or so it's going to cost to get a tune up. And that's with Mother's Day coming up! And with money I really don't have. :( Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

There were too many unexpected hits that I wasn't prepared for with this paycheck. The gym debacle, the car debacle, the holiday/birthday hit. And of course it all happens on my tight paycheck when I'm already stretched because rent and insurance comes out of that. Sigh. I'm taking the night off school tonight to sit home and get a chance to breathe and relax an find out a plan to make sure I'm prepared the next time this happens.

In order to be proactive and help myself financially, I've decided to do overtime when it's offered. I'm doing some from 5-7 tomorrow, 7-8am on Friday, and from 9-12 Saturday, so that gives me 6 hours of overtime. It's nice because that's time and a half, plus they're offering us an incentive of $20 for every 2 hours of OT worked this week, which is an extra $60 for me on my paycheck, plus about $150 in OT pay on my May 28 check, which will help a lot. Next week, as my schedule gets a bit earlier, I'll probably do some more overtime.

Onto bigger and better things. Well, not bigger. But better. . .

24 was awesome again last night. 3 hours left and it is just roaring to the finale. Tony's betrayec CTU to save his wife! Palmer is going to have to face either resignation or jail! Jack is in charge of CTU and has to track down Saunders! I have to be honest that the first half of the season was good, but not up to par with what the series has done in the past. This last half of the season, though, has just been wonderfuly intense and twisted, and I know that there have to be some big surprises in store as it goes toward the season finale on May 25. Have to remember to have Dad tape it next week, because I'll be seeing The Lion King play with Erin and her family. . . .

Friends finale is tomorrow night (and yes, I scheduled my OT around it!) Although I usually laugh at people who say stuff like this, I am going to miss that show. The characters have grown on me over the years, and it's been cool to watch the actors mature the characters. Ever since Seinfeld started dipping in quality its last season, Friends has been the most reliable, consistently funny, non-animated comedy on televsion (you think I'm going to forget about The Simpsons?) Other than Everybody Loves Raymond, I don't know of a sitcom that's been able to pretty much guarantee me laughs and give me characters I actually care about. So tomorrow night, it's going to be sad to see them go. But I'm glad they're ending the series now before it wears out its welcome. . .

I desperately need to get back to the gym. Haven't been to the Warren Community Center since coming back from Florida, and I've only hit the apartment's fitness center twice. Tonight I'll probably go back for a bit, because it also gives me a chance to take the stress off. I just can't do school until I have all this financial stuff in order. Won't be able to focus. . .

Summer movie season starts Friday with Van Helsing! And I won't be seeing it, probably. Not until I get my next paycheck, at least. . .

Well, I have a few things I have to tackle with my remainding half hour. I'll write more later.

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home