Thursday, April 29, 2004

Lunch hour thoughts. . .


Didn't get much of a chance to write yesterday. In training all day, doing homework during lunch hour, at school all evening and then a long walk and straight to bed when I got home. Sorry for those of you who were expecting something!

If I had to pick the one thing I hate about living in Michigan, it would be the weather. It changes so stinkin' fast here!! This week it's been in the 50s and 60s. Today it's 80. By Sunday it will be back down in the 50s. This whole roller coaster ride just is wreaking havoc on my sinuses, and today I'm suffering the after effects of a night on Nyquil. Yuck.

Had my meeting with HR today to tell me why I didn't get that position I interviewed for. I came away pretty happy. I'll admit I probably need some more experience supervising. But it got my name out there, I learned the different places I can apply, and I feel very patient with my career right now. It's going to be January of 2006 before I get my MBA, so I still have plenty of time to be patient here at Verizon. . . .

I'm really enjoying my law class. The class is pretty complex and challenging, but the professor is great at breaking it all down in the lectures. The weekly assignments are tough, but then again, I'm not going to school for an easy ride!

Should be a nice weekend coming up. Tomorrow night I'm going out with Erin and some of her friends for her birthday. Saturday I may go to Oakland Mall to hear William Hung's horrible voice in person; the afternoon will be spent doing law homework and in the evening Brandon and I are heading out to Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak. Sunday is church and I have my money matters course in the evening. . .

Training is going better today. It's at least moving quickly. And, I'll admit, it's been nice to have a week off the phones. . .

Well, that's it for right now! I'll write more tonight or tomorrow!!

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home