Thursday, July 22, 2004

Stupid Ponderings. .  .
 
Another boring night so I figured I'd just jot down some random thoughts I've been having before I attempt to do anything remotely constructive with my evening (such as deciding which DVD to watch). . .

I have become a big fan of the radio Bud Light Commericals "Real Men of Genius." They've  been out for awhile, I know, but they never cease to make me laugh heartily when I hear them. I particularly love the one about the back row heckler guy, yelling constructive, innovative phrases like: catch the ball, throw it, etc. The guy who does those is so deadpan and the "rocker" in the background cracks me up. These are so funny, it's almost a shame I don't drink so that I could support the advertisers. J/K. :-)

Hit level 13 on Tetris today!! I'm such a dork. I actually stayed five minutes at my desk after logging out because I was doing so good :-)

I have to admit that this summer, the movies have been pretty mediocre. I've enjoyed many of the films like Shrek 2, Van Helsing, The Day After Tomorrow, and Troy, but there are very few movies that I feel I'll watch over and over again. The only exceptions I would make that I consider to be phenomenal, wonderful films are Spiderman 2, Before Sunset, and Anchorman. Unfortunately, the summer's over halfway over and there's not much hope coming out, save for The Village.  I think Harold and Kumar go to White Castle could be silly fun for us guys, but I guess my hopes will have to be banked on trying to see Before Sunset again.

It has really been a slow, boring week. Tonight's another night where there is really nothing at all to do. I'm going to do my devotions after this, then maybe watch a movie and by then it will be around 10, enough time to take a walk, make lunch for tomorrow and maybe do a few odds and ends on the web. . .

My 25th Birthday is next Tuesday, July 27. I don't feel any dread or really anything at all about hitting that age. My parents are going to take me out on the 30th for dinner and a movie and a few of my friends are taking me out Sunday night. Other than that, nothing big planned. Maybe I'm starting to get to that age where birthdays stop being thrilling and mattering at all. I'm already to the point where there's really nothing I want, except for money. But even then, I can't figure out what to do with it. There's no way I would take birthday money and use it for bills or things like that. But do I want to buy a couple DVDs and CDs I've been putting off for awhile or save it for something bigger?? Sigh. I have no clue.

Okay, I think I've about emptied my brain of all its rational thoughts. I'll write something more profound next time!

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home