Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Return of Must See TV!!!! Thursdays have a purpose now!!

Someone tell me why a cold pill that's supposed to last 12 hours wears off within 9 and yet a medicine designed to put you to sleep messes with you all day!! I swear, this is nuts. For my sinuses I took an Aleve at around 1:00 that was supposed to last 12 hours, but now everything else is starting to come back. Yet I took some Nyquil last night before bed and I've been groggy all day. Yuck!

Oh well, at least tomorrow's Friday. One last day before the weekend. Not that anything big's coming up. But in two weeks I'm moving, so that's about it. And any day where there is no work is a good day, right?

Today wasn't too bad. Work was frustrating, but it always is lately. I've decided most my customers have IQs lower than the common household plants. I've also decided that anyone over the age of 60 probably should not have a cellular phone. But really, I have this job because I love people ;-)

After work I went to my Nana's for dinner. She had made a big southern hillbilly dinner of ham, roast potatoes, corn, beans, and cornbread. I told Erin she HAD to come because it was so good. It was delicious. Then it was back to my place for the return of NBC's Must See TV Lineup. Here's the rundown:

JOEY: I gotta tell you, I was kind of dreading this one. As a rule, most spin-offs are crap. You're trying to recreate lightning in a bottle. "Friends" worked because it was a witty show with a truly gifted cast that had great chemistry. You can't duplicate that. Thankfully, the producers of "Joey" don't try. The big, pleasant surprise of the evening was the fact that the show was actually very funny, kind of witty, and gave us the same Joey we know and love. If they had tried to make him smart, I think the show would've bombed, but thankfully Matt Leblanc still does dumb and sweet better than anyone. I like giving him a sister and nephew, rather than just putting him in a situation with new friends. Drea DeMatteo (sp?) is feisty and funny as his sister and I like the fact that a smart nephew might be a good foil for Joey. Although too dependant on breast implant humor, I laughed quite a bit during the pilot. It's not a sophisticated, smart hoot like "Arrested Development" (sadly, the most brilliant comedy on TV is also the most ignored). Nor do I see it surprasing "Friends" the way "Frasier" proved greater than "Cheers." But it's funny, the characters are likable, and I think it's going to be a fun show to watch.

The Apprentice: The show that made me give up "CSI." Of course, the first episode of a new season on a reality show is always tough, because you're getting to know a new batch of players. But I think this might be a fun season. The idea for doing a new toy was a cool challenge, and I was quite puzzled by Crustacean Creations. Let me get this straight. . . the women's team thought up a very cool, radio controlled car and the guys thought up. . . fighting fish?? Glad to see Rob go, but as always, it's The Donald that makes it worthwhile. The Boardroom scenes should be good this season. Already, some good players to keep an eye on. Raj, the guy with the bow tie, looks to be the odd one to laugh at. Stacy is going to flip out. And Bradford is on my bad list. . . simply because the guy called himself The Bradford. Ugh. Another great season, it looks like.

And that's the end of that chapter.

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home