Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Can we sue customers for emotional abuse??

What's wrong with the human race?? I just spent 12 1/2 hours at work today picking up some overtime and I feel like every customer was armed with a baseball bat just hitting me across the face all day. I got in my car after work and just let out a big, bellowing scream of frustration from dealing with the various tools who call and swear, scream, and threaten me all day.

Seriously, what is wrong with people? Why do we feel entitled to let others take responsibility for our own failures to keep our items in line? Why do we feel entitled to belittle human beings we've never met, who aren't even responsible for the bill being the way it is? Why do we think that life should be able to intrude on something like paying a bill? Don't we realize certain things are only luxuries and that going without a cell phone is not the end of the world??

Sigh. Sometimes I HATE customers. I wish I could tape record their conversations on the phone and then play it for their spouse or children to show them who they really are when no one's looking. Actually, I'd like to just play it back for them to see the look of embarrasment on their faces.

Wow, that was mean. Sorry. Just very worn out after a long day. I honestly don't even know why I'm writing today; I should be under the covers catching up on sleep. But I suppose I'm writing just to remind myself that there are things deeper than work.

So. . .

The big movie news I'm hearing is that the new horror flick in production is Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash!! Since F vs. J was one of the most enjoyable surprises of last Summer and the producers knew exactly how to balance the horror and humor, I can't wait for the followup. And adding Bruce Campbell's Ash, the hero from Evil Dead is one of the coolest ideas in the world. Ash and his Boom-Stick against Freddy's fingers and Jason's Machete?? I get goosebumps just thinking about it! Seriously, matching the plain ol' crazy world of Evil Dead up against the Elm Street and Friday the 13th films is one of the most cool, deranged ideas in the world. If it's done right it could be awesome. Done wrong. . . well, does anyone even think it wouldn't be the most fun train wreck in the world? They just need the right director. . . too bad that Sam Raimi's been busy with some little art films for Sony for the past few years. Although who wouldn't want to see Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash vs. Spiderman?? Okay, I'm sure someone's thought of it. . .

Probably the same someone who wrote the script for Jurassic Park 4 that "Moriarty" just reviewed at www.aint-it-cool.com . I love the JP films. The first one was one of the most enthralling movie experiences of my life (I was only 13 at the time). The second was fun, but not technically "good." The third movie was a fun, underrated adventure. So I don't have any qualms about them going back for a 4th time. But this idea?? Who was on crack with this?? Dinosaurs taking over the world?? A commando going alone to Isla Nublar?? TRAINED DINOSAURS GENETICALLY ENGINEERED AND MILITARY TRAINED TO KILL DRUG DEALERS?? I have to be honest that a big part of me would like to see this on the screen because I'm convinced it would be a hoot. . . maybe unintentionally. . .

Okay, that's about it. Work's not too bad tomorrow. 7:30-4:30 but then I'm doing some OT from 5-7. Oh well. At least I'll be leaving while it's still daylight! I'll write later!

C-Dubbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home