Sunday, July 25, 2004

Is it possible to have a pizza hangover??
 
I'm very sleepy, but determined to write about my night in here before I go to bed and have to face the reality of another week starting promptly at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Plus, we just came back from a feast of deep-dish Chicago style pizza at Pizza Papalis and--I know, this is gross--I'm trying to wait for it to work it's way through my digestive system :)
 
So, my friends took me out for my birthday tonight and I had an awesome time in Greektown with them all. What was great was that it wasn't just Brandon or Erin. It was some good friends from my Sunday School class--Diana, Gretchen, Melissa, Charles, and Becky--my sister and her boyfriend who I don't get to hang out with near enough and some new friends I'm having an awesome time getting to know--Hannah, Scott, and Christina. Having everyone there was great and a ton of fun. There were a few who couldn't make it, but that's fine. I know where you live :) But to you guys who were there who I know read this blog, thank you very much. It was the best time I've had going out for my birthday in years!!
 
Aaron Lawless used to call his friends "fellow soujourners." I always laughed and thought the phrase was a bit over the top. But I've come to find that it's true. Life is a long, tough journey. If all I had to get through was my job and my bills and some toys, I wouldn't be able to do it. It's the people God blesses us with along the way that truly make life not only bearable, but worth living. So thanks :)
 
So, the week restarts tomorrow. I'm going to attack it with a smile and the willingness to give 100% at work and remember that the job I spend 40 hours a week at allows me to spend the rest of the week with other things. If I didn't have the schedule at work I have now, I wouldn't be able to hang out with my friends as much, invest as much time in church, or even just have that time to relax. I'm lucky that right now I don't have a job that I have to "take home with me." I walk out the door at four o' clock and I'm free to do whatever. And that's a nice feeling :)
 
Speaking of the week ahead, it's going to be fun. Tomorrow night I'm going to my parents' for dinner, hopefully will hit the gym (it's very necessary after the pizza), then I'm going to go home and tear into the "Simpsons Fourth Season" DVD that Brandon got me for my birthday. Tuesday night's my birthday and I think Brandon and I and hopefully Erin are going to all hang out. Wednesday night is up in the air. Thursday night I have to give blood. Friday night will probably be a movie night or more Simpsons.
 
Saturday I have a tough decision to make. I won three free passes to see Lewis Black at Meadowbrook. I think the man's hilarious; I've loved his "Back in Black" on The Daily Show for years. So I'm looking forward to that. But Erin's out of town and Brandon's gotta work. So I have to find one or two people to go with me. If not, I'm going to go out with my parents for my birthday. If we don't go Saturday, we're going to go Sunday.
 
I've started reading the 9/11 comission's report. Very eye opening stuff and extremely engrossing for a government document. It's really quite fascinating and tragic, the things we missed. In other culture news, I've been listening to Switchfoot's "The Beautiful Letdown" quite a bit recently and really like it.
 
Okay, now I'm conceding defeat because my eyes won't stay open. I'll talk to you all later!
 
C-Dubbs
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home